Tuesday, June 14, 2005

6/14/2004

I just returned from the airport to see the gang off. I feel both sad and relieved. In the last three weeks, we have formed a strong bond. It is amazing to see how well you can get to know someone when traveling together for an extended period of time. I feel fortunate to get to know each of them on individual basis. I will forever remember Cristina’s fear of insects, Dave’s kindness and sensitivity, Erik’s unusual wits, Luke’s determination, Matt’s innocence and Tyler’s dry sense of humor. They are a good bunch. I look forward to hearing from them while remaining in China and seeing some of them when I return.

I feel relieved because this trip has been successful no matter how you measure it. Given that this was our inauguration journey, we did not know how to expect. At the end, everything has worked out like a charm. Obviously Yao Hong’s work in the background has made everything possible. My job has been rather easy because of her thoughtfulness.

Another relief was that Erik and Luke are going home for their illnesses did not improve overnight. I hope they will survive the long journey and get well soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home