Sunday, August 21, 2005

August 21, 2005 - When in Rome, BE a Roman

I’ve been back home for a week. I still don’t know exactly where I am. Mentally and physically crossing this 12 hour span is not an easy thing to do. I miss my time in China, the new friends I made and the old ones I already had. Everything was surreal. This trip has made me feel more comfortable with who I am and where I belong. When I just got home in Salisbury I did not know what to do. The place was strange to me. But it didn’t take long for me to get in the groove in spite of a “violent” jet lag (or stomach bug, not sure of which) attack. I felt the same when I started to travel in China on my own when my SU comrades left me. In the beginning I didn’t feel comfortable at all but as the trip went on I became more and more Chinese. When I get to Shanghai, the tail end of my journey, I was almost 100% sure of myself.

When in Rome, BE a Roman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home