Saturday, August 06, 2005

August 6, 2005

What a day! I was supposed to go to Shanghai today for my last stop in China before returning to the States. During the checking out, we ran into a problem. I used my debit card and pre paid 7 day stay but I only stayed for six days. The hotel had a trouble refunding me the money. They said they had to credit my debit card instead of giving me the cash. So we had to wait and see if that was going to happen.

Because of the unexpected checking out delay, I was running late for my afternoon flight. My taxi driver drove rather fast to save time. I got to the airport only a few minutes before the checking in counter was supposed to close. The lines were long. Once it was my turn, I was given good and bad news. The good news was that I was upgraded to business class. The bad news was that my flight was delayed due to a typhoon in Shanghai. Unsure when flights would resume, the airlines company took us to a hotel to rest but two people had to share a room. I was assigned to a room with a Taiwanese businessman ZJS. He was in foot massage business. Given how many foot massages I have had so far, can one claim rooming with him was just a coincidence?

After dinner, he went out and bought some snacks, beer and a bottle of 56 degree Chinese liquor. We drank in our room because we did not want to miss any possible boarding call. He was good drinker for he almost finished the whole bottle. During the drinking, he talked a lot about his business. I learnt in details how a foot massage business was run. We also touched on religions and humanity before he got drunk. Now he is sleeping. I think I will survive sharing the room with him for he snores just so slightly. But what tomorrow will bring is another question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home