Wednesday, July 27, 2005

7/18/2005

I arrived in Wuhan in late afternoon. My brother-in-law picked me up at the train station. We met my sister for dinner. Yet another dinner! I had been growing tired of food. But here it was part of culture. I did not know how they could ever feel hungry by the way they eat. I knew I would regret not wanting to eat all that good food soon after I went back to the States but I just had enough of it NOW.

Over the dinner, I debriefed them my trips to Shiyan and Xiongfan. They were happy to know that I had a good time and also accomplished some missions such as preliminary arrangement of mother’s move and meeting classmates and cousins.

After they left my hotel, I called ZQJ, a classmate from Wuhan University. He just returned from GongZhu a couple of days ago. His company went under after in operation for five years. Now he joked that he was one of the XiaGang (laid off). He was now enrolled in an EMBA program to retrain himself. For sure the effort paid off. His talking was involved many impressive professional terminologies. We spent nearly 4 hours together before I became really tired and said goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home