Tuesday, July 12, 2005

July 12, 2005

Home, sweet home! The train pulled in around 2:00pm yesterday afternoon. Since this was the termination station, there were so many people. Interesting enough, there was a final check point to make sure everyone had a ticket. As a result, a huge queue was formed at the exit. This must have been the third or fourth time when tickets were checked during the entire trip. I couldn’t comprehend why so many times. It seemed to me this was a gross waste of everyone’s time. Apparently, a trust system had yet to be established.

My brother-in-law (YB) and two nieces were at the train station to pick me up. Last time I saw them was a year ago. He and her daughter (the younger girl) did not change much but the older one (my older sister’s daughter in Wuhan) had changed greatly. She looked stunningly pretty. There was a Chinese saying that goes like “a girl when reaching 18 year old starts to change, and will look prettier and prettier.” This was so true, at least for her. She just passed the college entrance exam and now came back home from Wuhan to spend her worry free vacation before going to college in the fall.

Mother had already prepared my favorite dumplings. I did not want to eat anything on the train so that I had some room for such a delicious food. I had at least 30 of them. This made her happy.

In the evening the entire family but YB went to an open roof restaurant to have dinner. Surprisingly enough here they serve beers with kegs. Was I in America, I wonder?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home