Sunday, July 10, 2005

July 10.2005

For t the last a few days I had been on the run. The field trips took us to Dali, Lijiang and Shangri-la. Since there were over 100 of us and three buses, the coordination sometimes became a nightmare. We had to get up early in the morning and went to bed late in the evening. It looked much like living in a military camp. One of the positive outcomes coming out of this was that I got to know some other scholars and made some new friends. Some potential research and exchange projects were discussed.

Last night was the last night of the conference. Some of us went out to celebrate. A professor from Taiwan and I became a good friend. We invited one professor from Shanghai University of Economics and Finance (SHUFE, sounds familiar?) and her mother, a student from Taiwan, and three tour guides to a local KTV to sing karaoke. We stayed there until 1am. This morning we had to get up at 6 to go to the airport. After saying goodbye to some friends in Kunming airport, I took my flight to Wuhan. My sister and brother in law met me in the airport and took me to a hotel related to his company. I just came back from having dinner with them. It is time to rest to compensate all the lost sleeps during last week. I will take train to my hometown tomorrow morning.

Some interesting signs I saw on the road:
By a lake: Take care, fall into the water carefully. (intended meaning: take care, don’t fall into the water)
On a lawn: Please don’t step on me, I am very painful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home