Saturday, July 23, 2005

July 23, 2005

In the morning DSH introduced me to a friend of his who worked in a bank in charge of investments in pharmaceuticals. In the afternoon we met another high school classmate YY who had his own software company. We discussed possibilities of working together. It was exciting to see how people wheel and deal here.

It has been exactly two months since I left Salisbury. It has been productive and emotional. Honestly speaking, I have accomplished a lot in that time. I have felt the vigor and vibration of the Chinese economy and the pace of change of the society. Overall, the country is changing for better. For example, Wuhan looks much better within merely a year since I was here last. People have more time to enjoy themselves. They talk about taking vacations, eating out, getting pampered… Of course, the people I have contacts with are mainly the middle class. It is hard to image how much better those newly riches live. On the other hand, people in the bottom may have to worry about making ends meet on a daily basis.

Although happy here, I’ve grown a little homesick. I like both here and the US, but it is impossible for me to be in both places at the same time. It has been a constant struggle for me as to where I should call home. I just have to try to be as happy as I can wherever I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home