Thursday, June 30, 2005

June 30, 2005

YY ‘s company sent me back to campus this morning. I had an appointment with one of the students (LW) who wanted to show me his project. He was one of the students in my last year’s class. I was very impressed by his maturity, ambition and hard work. We had kept in touch. During the last year he had been working on his natural language search engine project, which he showed me a prototype. Given that he was the only one working on this project, what he had accomplished was a great deal.

If his prediction was right this could be big. I would like to help him succeed. I told him that he needed to write some research papers and submit them to conferences. This way he could let people know what he was doing and perhaps get some help and guidance from experts. Applying for patent could also be a good idea.

LY the student who went swimming with me last time wanted to swim once more. Another student also wanted to join. We decided to go right after the class so that I could go to a dinner appointment with my university classmates. Unfortunately it rained cats and dogs so we had to give up the idea of going swimming.

In the evening Xinan drove me to meet with CJ, LZ and TZL. Xinan was the person who invited me to teach here. We were all classmates in university. The meeting was held at a restaurant that specified in food in Hubei province where the university was located in. It was nice to see very one and to hear about the updates. CJ really cared about my being single and would like to introduce a girl to me. Unfortunately I had to leave tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home