Wednesday, July 27, 2005

7/20/2005

I met JS via my sister. JS just returned from Australia. She obtained her Master’s degree in Marketing there. Since she was born and grew up in Wuhan, she would be a nice guide for me. Wuhan had changed a great deal from just a year ago. For example, I would not have known there was a light rail service if not being told. JS and I tried it and the ride was really nice. Then we went a “pedestrian street” (no cars allowed) along which many shops were lined up on both sides. We just simply did window shopping. Soon we ran into a problem. The shoes she wore were not for running and her feet started to hurt. We had to stop and walked into a bar along the Yangtze River. We spent a couple of hours there before she could walk again.

There was an incident worth mentioning. While walking along the river, I was stopped by a little girl who wanted me to buy a stem of rose for JS. I declined politely. You would think she might just walk away. It was not that simple. She fell to the ground and held one of my legs and would not let go. I demanded that she release my leg immediately but she would not budge. I was rather embarrassed by the whole situation and had to give up. I paid her 4 Yuan (instead of the asking price 5). The price was nothing but the tactic was rather disgusting. Next time I don’t think I would submit myself to the pressure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home