Friday, July 01, 2005

July 1, 2005

Students did presentation this morning. I asked them to read and review two articles “IT Doesn’t Matter” by Carr and “IT is not for Everyone in China” by Quan, Hu and Wang at the beginning of the semester. I was impressed by their works and presentations. One person in particular was really good. His name was Mr. Zhang. His research was meticulous and his English was near perfect. He would definitely be good Ph.D. candidate to study in any US university. I would recommend him highly. On the end of the spectrum, a student, under a forceful persuasion from his partner, reluctantly presented. He spoke with a heavy accent. Some of words coming out his mouth were so funny that I could not help but wanting to laugh. I had to resist the urge so hard not to embarrass him by looking away or biting my fingers. But I really admired his courage nevertheless.

After the presentations, I had two hours to grade them before heading to the airport for my next stop Kunming. I managed to finish at the last minute and handed in the grades. The flight was about two hours and uneventful. Grace, my co-author for one of the conference papers was waiting for me at the airport. She arrived from ChengDu an hour earlier. We shared cab to the hotel. After finishing the registration, we were rushed to one of the most famous restaurants in Kunming with a spectacular performance that was supposedly for empires in ancient China. After dinner, I went swimming in the hotel pool for twenty minutes before it closed at 22:00. When I got back to my room, I was just too tired to do anything else but to crash. My illness was still not 100% recovered, yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home