Thursday, July 28, 2005

July 28, 2005

JS took me out for a farewell dinner. The restaurant was one of the fanciest in town but the food was not to her liking. She preferred more spicy food. But we had a good time nonetheless.

After dinner, we walked into a super market thinking to buy something for my trip tomorrow. We decided not to go in because the guard asked her to deposit her carry on bag. On our way out, we saw a lot of people on a near by square. Then we heard music. We realized that people were ballroom dancing. They were divided into three groups, each of which danced to different music and styles. One of the groups was actually doing (ballroom) tango. It was too bad that JS did not know how to dance. Otherwise we could have done a small Argentine tango demo.

It was a really hot night (35 C). Simply walking made one sweat. And yet those people were dancing and having a good time. I admired them for that.

Before dinner I went swimming for a little while to make myself hungry. The water was cold. When we got back to my room after the dinner, I started to act up and sneezed non-stop. So after seeing JS off, I went straight to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home