Friday, August 05, 2005

July 29, 2005

It has been unbearably hot in Wuhan. I was happy to leave for Kunming where the temperature was around 22 C. My brother-in-law took me to the airport and said goodbye. It was all possible that we wouldn’t see each other until a year later. My remaining journey would take me to Taiyuan to see a friend and Shanghai to exit the country.

The hotel I stayed was called Dianchi Garden Hotel and Spa. Although a little far from the city, it was a perfect place for relaxing. Hot spring water was sent to each room. There was a swimming pool filled with the water as well. The grounding looked like a garden. From my room I could see many golden fish swim in a pond underneath. There were two tennis courts and a gulf course. Nearby were the famous Dianchi Park, West Mountain and the Village of Minorities.

YQ came over to see me after work. She was one of the tour guides for the conference held here a month ago. We were happy to see each other. After having dinner together, we walked around the hotel and saw some fireworks. Tonight happened to be one of the most important festivals for Yi people. We saw sea of people in the Village. They were singing and dancing. Everyone was happy. After a while we came back to my room and chatted a little more before she had to go home before bus stopped running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home